Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Guinea Pigs

First of all I have to apologize because I promised my father-in-law that I would keep our blog updated! I'm sorry Gary! ;) Well alot has gone on since the last time I updated this. Well first of all we got Guinea pigs in February because I was suffering from a great deal of depression because I wasn't able to find a job. We got a tan and white one and the second one was black and white. We named them Duke(brown) and Dexter(black). We fell in love instantly. I have to admitt they were an answer to my prayers. I have delt with Depression for as long as I can remember. Nick has had a great impact on me and has made me happier than I can express. He has helped me open up and express my emotions with him and my deepest fear..with my family.

Anyways, I was having a praticular hard time at this time so Nick and I agreed to purchase two small companions. After much joy and laughter Dexter got sick and eventually passed away a few weeks later from Bacterial Ammonia. This may sound silly to you, but I was heart broken. I cryed for two days. Animals are such special companions and friends. I know Heavenly Father's plan included having animals to help us through the tough times.

Eventually after much wait we finally were able to find another Guinea pig. He is quite different and definitly has a different personality. We named him "ROCKY" because he looks like rocky road ice cream. He has spots and patches of brown, tan, black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment